In this week’s episode of Coffee Break German you’ll take your German skills further and continue to develop your confidence in using the language. In weekly episodes you’ll join native speaker Thomas who’ll be teaching learner Mark in gradual, structured lessons. Our “Cultural Correspondent” Julia and our “Grammar Guru” Kirsten will also join us in each episode to share their knowledge and love of all things German.
Coming up in this lesson…
In this lesson you’ll be moving on to talk about where you live. You’ll learn:
- how to say where you live;
- how to change verb endings when talking about ich (I), du (you, informal) and Sie (you, formal);
- how to make a sentence negative using the word nicht;
- how Karneval is celebrated in German-speaking countries.
Listen to the lesson
This audio lesson is free, as are all the main audio lessons of Coffee Break German. In addition we do offer a members’ version of the course which includes video flashcards, lesson notes and bonus audio materials.
Use the audio players below to listen to the lesson, or subscribe in iTunes to receive this lesson and all future lessons automatically.
Accessing the Premium Version
The premium version of Coffee Break German provides additional materials which will help you move forward more effectively with your German studies. The premium version includes the following elements:
- Video flashcards: listen to each lesson and see the words and phrases covered in the lesson displayed on the screen of your computer, phone or tablet (mp4 format);
- Bonus audio materials: use our review lessons to practise the language covered in the main lesson, and to pick up some useful bonus vocabulary;
- Comprehensive lesson notes: study the language of each lesson in greater detail and access additional information about the German language.
The members’ version can be accessed through our membership system. You can purchase the course using the links below. Think of this as a “Season Pass”.
Coffee Break German Study Packs for the iPad
Coffee Break German Study Packs are now available on the iBookstore. These books feature the audio, video and text of the members’ materials in a handy iBooks version. The Study Packs are published in groups of five lessons and are published normally 2-3 weeks after the lessons are published on our site. To see which Study Packs are currently available, please visit Coffee Break German on the iBookstore.
Subscribe in iTunes | RSS Feed | Coffee Break German on YouTube | Purchase videos and transcripts
Podcast (cbg-podcast): Download (Duration: 20:50 — 24.0MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | RSS
Coffee Break German - Season 1free-lessonshow to say where you live in GermanKarnevalKölle Alaafnegatives in Germanword orderword order after jetzt
« Previous PostOn Location Spanish – 12 Feb 2013Next Post »On Location German – 13 Feb 2013
Сердце ее готово было выскочить из груди. Было видно, что Хейл ей не поверил. - Может быть, хочешь воды. Она не нашлась что ответить.